Turkey: Explosions Rock Istiklal Street Istanbul
- Written by Travel Warning Network
- font size decrease font size increase font size
- Published in Turkey News
There has been an explosion on the morning of 19 March on Istiklal Street in central Istanbul resulting in a number of deaths and injuries. You should avoid the area and follow instructions given by Turkish security forces.
There were large bomb attacks in Ankara on 17 February 2016 and 13 March 2016, in which more than 50 people were killed, and a suicide bombing attack against tourists in Istanbul on 12 January 2016, in which 10 tourists died.
Over 2,500,000 British nationals visit Turkey every year.
International Private Medical Insurance For Turkey
Take out comprehensive international private medical insurance before you travel to Turkey, to cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad or emergency repatriation and evacuation. Be sure to read the small print of all iPMI policies before you purchase.
- Colombia: Explosions Reported In Bogota
- Cuba: Health Screening At Entry Ports
- Cuba: Mandatory International Medical and Travel Insurance For Cuba Entry
- Ghana: General Travel Advice 20 March 2016
- 80% Of Travellers Have Perceived A Threat To Their Personal Safety While Abroad*
- Jelf International Urges Employers To Communicate Advice For Those Planning Travel To Zika-Affected Areas
- Falkland Islands: British Nationals Visiting Falkland Islands No Longer Entitled To Receive Dental Care Under UK NHS
- Jamaica: General Election 25 February 2016
- Malaysia: Current Travel Advice
- Essential Tips For A Safe Secure Chinese New Year
- Tunisia: Curfew Lifted 4th Feb 2016
- Bahrain: Protests 4 - 6 Feb 2016
- Turkey: FCO Advise Against All Travel To City Of Diyarbakir
- Ethiopia: Tensions Rising In Gambella City And Surrounding Areas
- Bolivia: Travel Disruptions Due To Blockades
- Zika Virus Declared Global Health Emergency
- France: Current Travel News, Warnings, Advice And Alerts For Global Travellers And Expatriates
- UNHCR Warns Against Horn Of Africa Sea Crossings
- CDC: Pregnant Women Should Consider Postponing Travel To Zika Virus Transmission Areas
- Zika Virus: CDC Adds 2 Destinations To Interim Travel Guidance Related