14 January 2015 and there were explosions and gunfire reported in the vicinity of the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel and Sarinah Plaza on Jalan Sudirman Thamrin, Jakarta in central Jakarta, Indonesia. You should avoid the affected area, limit your movements and follow the advice of local authorities.
You should exercise caution when travelling to Aceh, Central Sulawesi Province (especially Palu, Poso and Tentena), Maluku Province (especially Ambon), Papua and West Papua Province due to potential for violence or violent conflict. Clashes July 2014, resulted in the death of security service personnel and civilians in the Lanny Jaya regency of Papua province. If you’re travelling in the region you should exercise extreme caution.
Following the abduction of a British national in the Aceh region of Northern Sumatra in June 2013, you should exercise caution in the area. While the risk of abduction is not high, you should be aware that 1 French national and 5 Chinese nationals were abducted in separate incidents in 2008.
Around 220,000 British nationals visit Indonesia every year. Take out comprehensive international private medical and travel insurance before you travel to Indonesia.
- Colombia: Explosions Reported In Bogota
- Cuba: Health Screening At Entry Ports
- Cuba: Mandatory International Medical and Travel Insurance For Cuba Entry
- Ghana: General Travel Advice 20 March 2016
- Turkey: Explosions Rock Istiklal Street Istanbul
- 80% Of Travellers Have Perceived A Threat To Their Personal Safety While Abroad*
- Jelf International Urges Employers To Communicate Advice For Those Planning Travel To Zika-Affected Areas
- Impacts Of Storm Imogen Are Expected To Continue Over Southern Parts Of England
- Falkland Islands: British Nationals Visiting Falkland Islands No Longer Entitled To Receive Dental Care Under UK NHS
- Jamaica: General Election 25 February 2016
- Malaysia: Current Travel Advice
- Essential Tips For A Safe Secure Chinese New Year
- Tunisia: Curfew Lifted 4th Feb 2016
- Bahrain: Protests 4 - 6 Feb 2016
- Turkey: FCO Advise Against All Travel To City Of Diyarbakir
- Bolivia: Travel Disruptions Due To Blockades
- Zika Virus Declared Global Health Emergency
- France: Current Travel News, Warnings, Advice And Alerts For Global Travellers And Expatriates
- UNHCR Warns Against Horn Of Africa Sea Crossings
- CDC: Pregnant Women Should Consider Postponing Travel To Zika Virus Transmission Areas