Travel disruptions are been reported due to blockades on access roads to the city of Sucre and on 4 border crossings across Bolivia: Tambo Quemado & Matarani (with Chile), Puerto Suarez (with Brasil) and Desaguadero (with Peru).
Public transport between La Paz, Cochabamba & Oruro and Santa Cruz is also affected.
Zika Virus Threat In Bolivia
Cases of Zika virus infections have been reported in Bolivia in 2015 and 2016. Seek advice from a health professional if you have any further questions or concerns. CDC advises pregnant women to postpone travel to Zika Virus infection areas.
Carry a photocopy of your passport, including the personal details, entry stamp and disembarkation card with you at all times in case it is requested by immigration officials or the police.
Health Risks And Insurance
Parts of Bolivia, including La Paz are at high altitude. Take out comprehensive international private medical and health insurance before you travel to Bolivia, to cover the cost of any treatment abroad. Emergency evacuation and medical repatriation insurance coverage is essential.
- Colombia: Explosions Reported In Bogota
- Cuba: Health Screening At Entry Ports
- Cuba: Mandatory International Medical and Travel Insurance For Cuba Entry
- Ghana: General Travel Advice 20 March 2016
- Turkey: Explosions Rock Istiklal Street Istanbul
- 80% Of Travellers Have Perceived A Threat To Their Personal Safety While Abroad*
- Jelf International Urges Employers To Communicate Advice For Those Planning Travel To Zika-Affected Areas
- Impacts Of Storm Imogen Are Expected To Continue Over Southern Parts Of England
- Falkland Islands: British Nationals Visiting Falkland Islands No Longer Entitled To Receive Dental Care Under UK NHS
- Jamaica: General Election 25 February 2016
- Malaysia: Current Travel Advice
- Essential Tips For A Safe Secure Chinese New Year
- Tunisia: Curfew Lifted 4th Feb 2016
- Bahrain: Protests 4 - 6 Feb 2016
- Turkey: FCO Advise Against All Travel To City Of Diyarbakir
- Ethiopia: Tensions Rising In Gambella City And Surrounding Areas
- Zika Virus Declared Global Health Emergency
- Travel Insurance After the Istanbul Bombing
- France: Current Travel News, Warnings, Advice And Alerts For Global Travellers And Expatriates
- UNHCR Warns Against Horn Of Africa Sea Crossings